Anyways, recently while snuggling together early one morning, I found myself glancing around the room and thinking. I've always enjoyed the room's happy, complementary colors, its structured set-up (I'm detail-oriented), and the Clemson basketball hoop atop the door. But I decided one of the most strategic things about Sam's room is the way it stirs my heart to pray for him.
There are certain objects (more than others) that seem to be "spring-loaded" to launch my heart towards God on Sam's behalf -- kind of like getting near the end of a diving board. Get too close and you just can't help yourself from diving in (or up)!
Here's a few examples:
| Father, would you give Sam a new heart that loves you with all -- all of his heart, all of his soul, all of his might? (Deuteronomy 6:5) |
| Father, would you make known the path of life to Sam? Would you satisfy him all his days with Jesus? Would you show him the full and forever pleasures that exist at your right hand? (Psalm 16:11) |

I love your posts....Love the way you're wrapping Sam into your spiritual eyes and mother's heart. K
ReplyDeleteBeautiful once again...and where did you get those wooden blocks or did someone make them?
ReplyDeleteMarian: A friend here in Minneapolis made them for us -- super crafty. We love them!
ReplyDelete