![]() |
| The Schedule, an engineer's dream |
- We tossed the frisbee!
- We got dressed!
- We practiced on the mandolin!
- We played with some of our favorite toys!
- We partook of some of our favorite drinks, like dark coffee and Lemon Lime Gatorade!
11 scattered thoughts I had after the day:
- Being a mom is not for the faint of heart.
- Changing Sam's clothes is harder than it looks. (If it were up to Daddy, Sam may stay in his PJs all day.)
- Rocking Sam to sleep is nothing short of magical. (Though the 5 seconds of moving him from my arms down into his crib is quite the gut check: Please don't wake up, please don't wake up, please don't wake up . . . )
- Being at home with Sam is healthy for my prayer life.
- Whatever Sam's interested in, I'm interested in.
- Peek-a-boo is fun.
- Almost as fun as watching the leaves fall outside.
- Causing Sam to smile is indescribably delightful.
- Sam is incredibly skilled at turning pages with his left hand. ("Efficiency" is the word that comes to mind.)
- Singing is a powerful rival to crying. (Even if you can't remember all the words. Somewhere over the last 28 years I forgot a line to "Itsy Bitsy Spider," but I made some up and it seemed to work out okay. He also still loves the Bears song, though the jury's still out on the one I made up during our mandolin jam session.)
- God is good to give us Sam.
Also, there was some "bonus fun" last night with Mommy (well, Grammy) in town!
![]() |
| Story time with Grammy, showing off his left-handed page-turning abilities! |







No comments:
Post a Comment